faqRental Bicycle FAQs
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for on our website? Please get in touch with us by phone or email and we will be happy to answer your questions!
- What are the KCTP opening hours
- Our business hours are 9:00 to 18:00.
- Is it possible to keep rental bicycles overnight?
- Yes, it is. To keep the bicycle overnight, there must be a parking space for the bicycle at your accommodation. If the accommodation does not have a space for parking, you must return the bicycle to KCTP each day by 18:00.
- What is your cancellation policy for rental bicycles?
- A There will be no cancellation fee if you call us no later than half an hour after your booking time, if your booking time is before 12:00pm. Note that if your booking time is after 12:00pm, you must let us know before 12:00pm on the day if you wish to cancel. If you don’t call us by that time, you will be charged 100% of the rental cost as a cancellation fee.
> If your rental booking time is 9:00am, the cancellation must be made by 9:30am.
> If your rental booking time is 12:30pm, the cancellation must be made by 12:00pm.
- Are there any attachable baby seats?
- Attachable baby seats are not available for safety reasons. Electric-assist bicycles with child seats are available for ages 1 to 5.
- Are there any child bikes available?
- A Yes, we do have child bikes! The sizes are listed below.
- 20 inch mountain bike without training wheels (1000 yen per day; available for children 110cm or taller)
- 22 inch mountain bike without training wheels (1000 yen per day; available for children 120cm or or taller)
- 24 inch mountain bike without training wheels (1000 yen per day; available for children 130cm or or taller)
- MiniVelo (1300 yen per day; available for children 145cm or taller)
Read more about the types of bicycles KCTP offers.
- Do you have a bicycle delivery and pick-up service?
- Unfortunately we’re unable to deliver and pick-up bicycles. However, we have several cycle terminal locations in Kyoto in convenient places where you can collect and drop off the bikes.